Thursday, May 28, 2009

ABC and 123 Picnic Table Talk Introduction

I found this great website that is doing a fun thing this summer called Summer Prize Picnic and I want to participate. To start off I need to do an introduction. To learn more about this click here.

About our family: There are four of us. Mom, Dad, "M&M" and "Bubba". M&M will be 3 in a couple of weeks at the same time that Bubba will be turning 6 months old. My husband has a wonderful job that allows me to stay home with my kids. I spend my days, feeding, clothing, having fun, and taking care of owies. Somedays that is all I accomplish, but most often I spend my time playing with my kids and doing Tot School with M&M while Bubba sleeps.

How long have you been reading ABC & 123?: For about two months now.

How did you come up with your blog title?: I wrote a post about this very thing. To read it click here.

What activities do you most enjoy doing with your children?: I love to do anything with my kids that makes them happy. At the moment some of these include playing outside with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, swimming, and jumping on the trampoline.

What is your favorite picnic activity and food? BBQ all the way! Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, steak. Potato salad, watermelon and ice cream. Our favorite activity is swimming.

What are your summer plans?
M&M will be in a Mother's Day Out program one day a week. Swimming lessons another day and maybe a Kindermusik class. (More about this to come.) The rest of the time will be spent swimming at Grandma's house or in the backyard. Anything to do with water to keep cool! We have two family reunions and another trip to visit family. Hopefully we will do some weekend trips as well. Anywhere there's time will be spent doing Tot School.

Links to some of your favorite learning activity posts:
I just barely started doing this blogging thing for learning activities so I don't have much but here are a few.

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom week

Letter B week

Random fun

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for the Summer Prize Picnic! It is fun to get to know everyone a little bit more. Your Mom's Day Out once a week sounds like a great deal. Your children are adorable. It looks like your little Bubba is just a wee bit younger than our 6 month old Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is VERY cute! I love your blog name and description. Thanks for some great ideas. I am going to try the alphabet hide and seek soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. I see some ideas I'm going to try. I have also been trying to embrace the idea of enjoying "household" moments. I take it for granted sometimes, and I am trying to "be in the moment" more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog title! Your children are adorable!! Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheena, great to meet you! I am glad you joined in on our picnic and looking forward to seeing all the great activities you do. Let me know if you like kindermusic as a new place is within walking distance for us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin