Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tot School

Tot School

I will probably end up doing Tot School posts weekly, but for now I'm too excited to get these ideas out there. Tuesday we didn't do much because M&M wasn't feeling very good, but we did play Color and Shapes Bingo.


Then today she played with some nesting dolls. She cradled the littlest one like a baby.


Before I could get her to go on to anything else we had to play "Let's Go Fishin.'" Even though this game says it's for 4+ she enjoys playing it and can get some fish every once in a while all on her own. It's great practice for her to try and keep her hand still.

We finally got to our ABC overview since I want to start Letter A next week. We read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. It's a lot of fun and has a lot of activities to go along with it. I got the book through a book order because my sister is a teacher and it came with a CD. The CD had some fun songs that had good rhythm that M&M loved to dance to. We made a poster with our own coconut tree and letters. I got this idea here. For more Alphabet ideas go to the "Now I know my ABC's" section of the Totally Tots website.


M&M wanted to do more so I got out my ice cube tray number sorting activity that I found here. We counted plastic gemstones. She didn't really want to count after number 8 so we enjoyed just pouring the stones into the tray.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with all you're doing with M&M. She's such a smart little girl so of course she wants to play 4+ year old games! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is actually a really good book...I know several kindergarten teachers who use that book a lot. Oh, I need to figure out how you can order books thru my classroom acct. I'll get right on that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like som great stuff you are doing!

    I love those nesting dolls i had some when i was a little girl i miss them :(

    When you post about the monkey stuff just link up to my post if you want you don't have to its up to you!

    Love the ice cube activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice activities. I have been meaning to do a number sorting activity like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun things you are doing! I wish these little girls of ours could get together to do things like this! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin