Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pot Roast Recipe

My hubby made dinner for me today for Mother's Day. He made this recipe that we both absolutely LOVE! It's fast and easy and super delicious. My husband made it so it has to be easy. Hehe. Anyway, I've made this recipe a lot and thought I would share it. This is the actual recipe that I have, but I will share my tips on how we do it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures to show the steps or anything.

Slim but Saucy Pot Roast

3 lbs. pot roast, trimmed of fat (I've used all different sizes of pot roast up to 3 lbs.)
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 med. onions, sliced (I usually only do one onion sometimes as well)
8 oz. can tomato sauce (we actually use two cans to make more sauce)
4 oz. can mushrooms (we don't like mushrooms, so we don't put these in)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 can cheddar cheese soup

Place roast in a large crock pot. Mix all ingredients together and pour over roast. Cook on crockpot's highest setting overnight. Serve over rice or noodles.
We actually don't cook it overnight, just start it in the morning and it works just fine too.

If you try it out let me know how you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin