Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

I found the time to try out a new recipe. I will be doing this a lot more because I'm getting back into the swing of things. It only took me 6 months after having a baby, but oh well.

I found a recipe for Easy Chicken Enchiladas on the Make and Takes website. I've had this recipe for a while now and I should have made it sooner because it really is easy. I made it even easier on myself by getting a rotisserie chicken.

I don't really have an actual recipe with actual amounts for things, but here are the ingredients you will need:

Chicken (cooked and shredded)
Tortillas (flour)
Enchilada sauce
Cheese



As simple as this. You can go to the link to find out how they did it, but I will tell you what I did.



I shredded the meat from one side of the chicken because we only have 3 people to feed here. Added half of the can of enchilada sauce to the chicken and then added as much cheese as I saw fit. Spooned the meat mixture onto tortillas, rolled them and placed them in a small pan. (They used an 8x8) I used a smaller version of a 9x13 pan. I poured the rest of the sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkled cheese, again just how much I thought was good. I baked it at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

It was super easy and my husband LOVED it. Even M&M ate some, which is a miracle in and of itself. Once more tip. I used the medium sauce and even though is was a little hot for me it was still good, I just put some sour cream over the top of mine to cool the sauce down. If you don't like spicy you can get the mild kind. More recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin