Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner Tonight

For dinner tonight we had an easy and tasty meal. I just thought I would share because we love both of these things and make them often. And I haven't posted a recipe in a while.  We had Lemon Garlic Chicken and Herb-baked potatoes.

Lemon Garlic Chicken
Marinade:
1/2 cup of olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons (I used the bottled lemon juice)
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced (Again, I used the kind from the jar)
Lawry's Seasoned salt

Place chicken in a large marinating dish. In a small bowl mix together lemon and olive oil, then pour over chicken. Lightly sprinkle each piece of chicken with the seasoned salt (both sides) and use a fork to poke holes in the meat so that the flavors can really penetrate. Sprinkle garlic over the marinating chicken.

The original recipe grills the chicken, but I did mine over the stove in a frying pan and they turned out really juicy. I've also marinated it for 30 minutes one time and a couple of hours another time. I always forget to put stuff in the marinade until it's time to make dinner, but obviously the longer you marinade the stronger the flavor.

Herb-baked potatoes
4 medium potatoes (I have also used the small red potatoes)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2-1 tsp. dried herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut into cubes. Place olive oil in large baking sheet, add potatoes and turn over until all sides are well oiled. Sprinkle with herbs. Bake for 20 min. until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

I actually don't measure anything for this recipe, I just do how many potatoes I need and adapt the oil and herbs to that.

(No Tot School post this week. We had visitors over and we just did a lot of shopping. I'm preparing for this week though!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this doesn't have to do with your blog above... but- thanks for following me!
    Your blog is sooo cute!
    I am looking forward to seeing more of your blogs- plus we both do Tot School- so we will have lots of ideas to share!
    Glad to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin