Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tot School Aug 31-Sept. 4

Tot School
M&M is 39 months old


We didn't do a letter this week, but our theme was centered around camping. It's been too hot here to go camping for real (at least for me) so I thought we'd "camp" in the family room this week. First we made Smore's Galore. The recipe can be found here. (The actual recipe came from my sister-in-law's sister-in-law.)


Then we set up a fort/tent made of chairs and blankets. M&M set up a bed in there and we had a lantern for light.



We had a campfire....



and pretended to roast marshmallows over it. I found the idea for these on familycorner.com.



M&M's little furry friends joined us in our tent.


I hope to go camping for real in the next month or so when it cools down. It's more fun to camp when there's a slight chill out than sweating up a storm in a hot tent.

The rest of the week she played with her Melissa and Doug alphabet magnetic board.

She pulled the stamps out of the closet. I tried to teach her to remember to wipe off the stamp after she uses it.


This was a new one. I think I got these stencils at the dollar store or $1 section at Target. M&M really liked to color in the openings with a pencil. I think these would make a great activity bag. I hope to put togther some activity bags here pretty soon.


Then just some classic watercoloring. I had forgotten about our watercolors because I always just pull out the crayola washable paints. She likes the water colors because it involves water!


Not a lot of stuff accomplished, but we had a lot of fun "camping!"

6 comments:

  1. ooh, I love the camping idea! I want to go camping again too but without all the work. Fun tot school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the camping idea. Fun! Stencils and stamping are on my list of to dos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very fun week. It's great that you could feed M&M's imagination so well with camping inside. I am positively jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those smores looks soo good! And i love that campfire!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got out the M&D this board. She is loving it! Thanks for the yummy recipe. I'm not a camper so we never get to enjoy smores!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin