Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One craft project down....

who knows how many left.

This painting project has been in the works for months now. I got an unfinished wooden hook rack and painted it all white. That's the way it was sitting for a while. I've gotten the crafty itch lately with looking for holiday crafts and I just had to do something. I haven't gotten it out before because of excuses like, Oh I don't want M&M to get into it, I'll wait until she goes to bed. By the time she's in bed I find something else to do, yadda yadda yadda. Last night I told myself, "Just do it!" I pulled out all of my painting stuff and went to work. I had no idea what I was going to do with it.

My creative wheels got turning...slowly...because they are a little rusty, and this is what I came up with. (Please don't look too closely and see how often I painted out of the lines.) :)

I will be putting this up in the playroom for M&M to use in her dress-up area to hang hats, dresses, bags, whatever she wants. I used a stencil to randomly draw the flowers on and then just used a very tiny brush to paint it in. There probably is an easier way I could have done it, but I actually really like to do the small detail painting. Painting like this is like a therapy for me. I haven't done it in a LONG time and it feels so good to do it again. I made many projects when I was a teenager that are sitting on top of my kitchen cabinets. Someone in the neighborhood I grew up in taught Tole Painting classes and me and my friends would go over there after school every Wednesday. Sorry, I'm just rambling now, but it's kind of nostalgic for me.

I'll take another picture when I have her dress-up area finished.

Oh to be crafty again....*sigh*. More to come!

5 comments:

  1. This looks very pretty. I was never into any sort of crafts, so I guess I will have to learn together with Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I have been painting too (watercolors mostly) and it is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great, and I'm sure M&M must've loved it! I'm so happy to see you crafting again!! That's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cute!

    You left a comment about my camera bag and I wanted to let you know that if you have another lens to carry, you may want to look into the Tamrac Velocity 7 or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it!! Very cute! Maybe I'll get a craft itch and make one of those when we have a few more dress-ups.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin